AESC is looking for experienced Energy Engineers to provide technical assistance for a variety of programs involving energy efficiency, renewable and alternative energy systems, and combined heat and power projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize analytical tools and measurement and verification methodologies to evaluate the performance of, and make recommendations for, energy systems and equipment.
- Conduct energy audits in large commercial, industrial, and municipal facilities.
- Conduct site inspections and/or gather data needed to perform energy-related analyses of sites or equipment.
- Prepare written analysis of findings and recommendations for energy efficiency, demand response, and self-generation measures for submittal to clients.
- Interact closely with project manager and clients in order to meet project deadlines and budgets.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have reliable transportation; this position requires considerable travel to customer sites.
- Compliance with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Accurately track and record time spent on various projects (for billing purposes).
- Perform other technical duties as assigned.
Most importantly, we are looking for dedicated, service-oriented, professionals who share our vision and our guiding principles:
- Bachelor's degree required, mechanical engineering preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience in energy related field.
- Proficiency with a variety of energy analysis software – eQuest, DOE-2; EnergyPro, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of HVAC, lighting, motors, refrigeration systems, and industrial systems.
- Ability to conduct fieldwork and interact with clients in a professional and responsive manner.
- Ability to interpret and understand mechanical and electrical drawings as well as equipment nameplate data and manufacturer specifications.
- Ability to apply basic thermodynamic concepts such as system efficiency and conservation of energy.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Proficient PC skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
AESC Vision Statement:
To be a premier provider of high quality technical and management services to the energy market; facilitating the deployment of efficient, cost effective, reliable and environmentally friendly energy systems.
AESC Guiding Principles:
We are a small (37 employees) consulting firm with a collaborative and professional work environment. We offer competitive salaries and have a very generous benefits package, which includes health and life insurance, 401K and Flexible Spending plans.
- Consistently exceed client goals and expectations;
- Inspire and value the trust of our clients;
- Preserve integrity in all aspects of our business;
- Maintain a broad based technical proficiency in state of the art energy systems;
- Maintain a supportive work environment, treating others with dignity and respect.
AESC is an equal opportunity employer.