Energy Engineer - Portland
AESC is a small energy engineering consulting firm with a collaborative and professional work environment. We are passionate about what we do and are looking for talented engineers who share our passion. We currently have an opening in our Portland office for an experienced Energy Engineer to provide technical assistance for a variety of programs involving energy efficiency, energy audits, renewable and alternative energy systems, and combined heat and power projects. This position must have at least 5 years of experience in the energy field, with specific experience in the Industrial market sector.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize analytical tools and measurement and verification methodologies to evaluate the performance of, and make recommendations for, energy systems and equipment.
- Conduct energy audits in large commercial, industrial, and municipal facilities.
- Conduct site inspections and/or gather data needed to perform energy-related analyses of sites or equipment.
- Prepare written analysis of findings and recommendations for energy efficiency, demand response, and self-generation measures for submittal to clients.
- Interact closely with project manager and clients in order to meet project deadlines and budgets.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have reliable transportation; this position requires considerable travel to customer sites.
- Compliance with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Accurately track and record time spent on various projects (for billing purposes).
- Perform other technical duties as assigned.
Most importantly, we are looking for dedicated, service-oriented, professionals who share our vision and our guiding principles:
- Strong working knowledge of various systems in industrial facilities (e.g., CHP, compressed air, refrigeration, boilers, water/wastewater, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience performing ASHRAE Level I and II audits.
- Bachelor's degree required, mechanical engineering preferred.
- E.I.T. required; P.E. preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in energy related field.
- Proficiency with a variety of energy analysis software – eQuest, DOE-2, EnergyPro, etc.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, lighting, motors, and refrigeration systems.
- Ability to conduct fieldwork and interact with clients in a professional and responsive manner.
- Ability to interpret and understand mechanical and electrical drawings as well as equipment nameplate data and manufacturer specifications.
- Ability to apply basic thermodynamic concepts such as system efficiency and conservation of energy.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and other professional correspondence.
- Proficient PC skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
AESC Vision Statement:
To be a premier provider of high quality technical and management services to the energy market; facilitating the deployment of efficient, cost effective, reliable and environmentally friendly energy systems.
AESC Guiding Principles:
- Consistently exceed client goals and expectations;
- Inspire and value the trust of our clients;
- Preserve integrity in all aspects of our business;
- Maintain a broad based technical proficiency in state of the art energy systems;
- Maintain a supportive work environment, treating others with dignity and respect.
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, which includes health, dental and life insurance, 401K and Flexible Spending plans.
AESC is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com